Followers

Monday, February 9, 2009

Black History Month

I don't know how to deal with this month. Blacks have come a long way in America. There has been much progression look at our president. However I still don't know how to feel about this "celebration". I'm black but I'm also a lot of other things. As I look back at the great accomplishments of our ancestors I realize that my actions and the seeds I plant today will influence a generation. We have been oppressed for so long and while I feel the weight I do not feel the pain of my ancestors. Which is a blessing and a curse, because once the pain is gone we can move forward, but without it how will we know severerity of slavery and racism? We come so far but we have a long way to go…which is fine because we K.I.M. keep it moving!

1 comment: